Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The White House

I will have so many pictures to post in the coming weeks.  Here, just so you can all get a feel of the day is this one at the press conference announcing the National Teacher of the Year. I don't know how I got so lucky to be standing right over his shoulder but that's where I found myself this beautiful morning in DC. So much to tell  you all! Just to cover the basics.....I didn't cry, I hugged him, and I was able to speak to him for a bit about parent education and investing in early childhood.  He told me to "keep up the good work" and I told him "you TOO".
I had behaved well for about as long as possible.  It was a very cool day and I needed to celebrate a bit.  This is Brad from Wisconsin.  He asked me to remind him to smile because he tends to look far too serious.  I think we were placed side by side for a reason.  The gala is tomorrow and my prince will be here just in time!  More later!

2 comments:

  1. Katy,, I know you don't do Facebook, but the comments are just flowing over there...everyone loves the fact that you managed to squeeze right in there with the pres! And I love the fact that you were lobbying him for early childhood education! Way to go! Classic Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really think we're going to believe that you *just happened* to be positioned right behind him?? I'm thinking you were aided by some well placed elbow maneuvers! LOL. Way to go, Katy... We're all so proud of you and thrilled that you are having this fantastic experience!

    ReplyDelete