Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lucky at 51

My dad's last birthday was his 51st. Today is my last day of being 51. To celebrate, I decided to do a heart pounding workout at the Lincoln Memorial for me and for my dad. I jogged over and took on those steps over and over again. I asked a nice tourist to take my picture before I headed up for the ninth time. On the way down, I passed a pack of students in red t-shirts. I was going to do the steps one more time to make ten when I looked up and saw the back of those shirts. All of them had 12 on them. Twelve is a lucky number at my house. I married a man who wore the number on his baseball jersey on the 12th of June nearly 30 years ago. I took that as a sign. I raced up the steps to catch someone to take my picture with the 12's. I took to the steps for two more trips to make twelve. It has been a wonderful 51st year of pushing boundaries and seeing just what I am made of. I can't wait to see what 52 brings!




1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Katy "Hobie" Smith! What a great place to be on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete