Sunday, April 22, 2012

An Amazing Birthday!

Today is my birthday! I usually do a pretty good job of advertising my Earth Day Birthday.  I typically ask people if they have formed a committee about a month in advance.  I did a bit of ground work before the gathering in DC but being away from home, I wasn't confident that I would get the usual hoopla I insist on.  I did my recording work yesterday and had much of today free to explore the city.  I started the day at the Ford Theater.  It is a great place to take in the life and untimely death of President Abraham Lincoln.
Tonight was all about Target, Minnesota, the Newseum and Birthday fun!  Target is one of the corporate sponsors of the National Teacher of the Year program.  When I got the invitation to the party, I might have mentioned that it was scheduled on my birthday when I RSVP'ed.  We got on the bus in the pouring rain (I can't be in charge of EVERYTHING) and headed to the Newseum.  We explored a wonderful building full of newsworthy events. A portion of the Berlin Wall is there among many other things.
The evening included a wonderful indoor picnic with some amazing food that reminded me of home.  I was totally shocked and surprised when the Target folks announced that it was a very special day for one of the teachers......ME! I got a sweet red velvet birthday cupcake and a full house to sing happy birthday to me! The best gift was a card signed by my brand new STOY family.  Thanks everyone for making the day so special!

2 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday, Katy!! Glad you're having such a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to make a birthday as special as you are! Love you Ms. TOY

    ReplyDelete