Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Hastings!

I don't leave home without a book when I hit the road. Tuesday found me in Hastings at Christa MacAullife Elementary School in Mrs.Wayne's first grade classroom. Mrs Wayne is a highly decorated teacher and someone I have admired for a long time. Her first graders were a great audience as I read "I Want My Hat Back".  We played a game of twenty questions and it didn't take them long to figure out that I am headed to Washington DC to meet the President! Thanks for being such good listeners first graders!

I was in Hastings to meet the film crew! Doug and Joe are busy putting together the film that will highlight my year as TOY at the banquet in May.  Joe took some footage here at ECFE last spring and wanted to capture some reflections now that the year is almost over (gulp).  I will see the film at the banquet and wonder if the year will show on me. Do you suppose that the teacher of the year ages like the sitting president does as he serves in office?  I kind of think so. I will put some good chocolate in my purse just in case!!

No comments:

Post a Comment