Monday, April 23, 2012

Smithsonian and the Biden Residence

It has happened, I need to go to bed but feel compelled to post something so I remember this day forever. I had a wonderful day of learning at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. So much to write that I hardly know where to begin so I will save the Smithsonian for another day. I had tea with Jill Biden at the Vice President's home! It is a beautiful house and Dr. Biden was as gracious and welcoming as could be. I have some fantastic pictures that I will post later. Did you see the announcement of the National Teacher of the Year? Her name is Rebecca Mielwocki and she is a 7th grade teacher from California. She will represent us all so well and I know you are going to love her. When I met her in Dallas she told me I was more fun than a sack of cats! Watch for her when she takes the podium next to the President at the White House!! Look for me too. I will be in the center of the pack wearing a royal blue suit. For now, it's late and I need to go to bed....tomorrow is a very, very big day!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw you Katy -- you look beautiful in your royal blue suit.
    You are Winona and Minnesota's hero......You have made a difference to so many and for that no one will forget all the great work that you continue to do every day.

    ReplyDelete