Saturday, April 14, 2012

Albert Lea, The Encore


Early in my TOY journey, I had lunch with Dr. David Walsh (remember how cool that was for me?) and one of the things he said to me was "Walk through every door that is opened for you". With that in mind, I was happy to go back to Albert Lea to visit with Lutheran Church professionals. Pastor Mark had commented that the childhood we create for children is a moral issue and he wanted his church community to hear my message. It is a little daunting to speak to folks who speak to large audiences every week but I held my own. Afterwards, they invited me to a good old fashioned Minnesota Lutheran lunch in the church basement. I am adding pictures for my friends from parts of the country that may be confused about barbeques and bars. This is how it looks here in Minnesota!



Staples of a Minnesota Church lunch; strong coffee, a salad with a mayonaise base and a sloppy joe (barbeque for some folks but for me it's not a barbeque unless the grill is fired up).  Don't get me started on the differences between a casserole and a hot dish!


Bars have nothing to do with alcoholic beverages here in the land of 10,000 lakes.  If you are lucky enough to go bar hopping in Minnesota, go for the lemon bar and the Scotcharoos. We solve lots of world problems here with bars and coffee.  Thanks for the invitation, I had a lovely morning with you and appreciate your interest in the lives of small children and their parents.











No comments:

Post a Comment