Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Holiday Fun

I think I will be grateful anytime one of the kids, just one of them even, is home for a holiday.  This Easter was all about Erin.  She was a great sport, dying eggs, making a bunny cake and hunting for eggs while her dad and I cheered her on in the morning. I miss having kids in the house, not enough to have another one or offer to have one of them move back in with us, but the life they bring when they are home.  I also miss their friends and the community of adults who come with them.  Erin has some great pals and it was great to have coffee with them and their dads. We share lots of memories and hours upon hours of cheering our daughters on, most notably on the soccer field.

We talked about  how important good friends are to young people and remarked that these women have been friends since preschool. I have the cutest picture of Ellen and Erin at a preschool pool party in my front yard.....adorable little girls....messy with watermelon...getting teary now...

And fun, did I mention fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment