Sunday, April 8, 2012

Get Off of I-90 in Fairmont!

I had the most amazing day in Fairmont! In the morning, I toured the early childhood facilities with Michelle Rosen, the Early Childhood Coordinator and Assistant Principal.  There is so much to see in this new facility, I swooned more than once.  I was treated to lunch with Joe Brown, the Superintendent, Bob Millet, a sixth grade teacher, Jackie from the Education Minnesota field staff and Michelle (pictured above).  Michelle passed me off to Bob after lunch and we moved! To the newspaper, to the high school, to the middle school, a quick spin around town and back to the elementary school all in a drivers ed car complete with a brake on the passenger side (oh so tempting....). It may not have been the best day to break out the high heeled strappy sandals for the first time this spring!  Bob moves!! It was so great to tour all that Fairmont has to offer with someone so proud of where he lives and works, thanks Bob!

It is hard to tell from this picture how big the crowd was at the union meeting after school! I have gotten pretty good at spotting a camera in a room and freezing to avoid yet another crazy looking picture of myself floating around out there. From the union meeting, I headed to ECFE to teach three classes.  It was so nice of Patty to let me join her and well, kind of take over.  I had a great time in Fairmont, an educationally vibrant community with so much to offer.  I hope to be invited back soon.


http://www.fairmontsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/520974/Teacher-of-Year-visits-Fairmont.html?nav=5003

No comments:

Post a Comment