Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So You Think You Can Teach!

My friend and fellow teacher, Mrs. Yess, invited me to visit with her second graders here at Goodview School.  I told them all about my new role as Minnesota Teacher of the Year.  Mrs. Yess had an idea based on a TV show she had watched called "So You Think You Can Dance".  The second graders are wondering about the teacher of the year. "So You Think You Can Teach" combines teaching and a challenge.  After much discussion about my new role, the second graders came up with a list of things they would expect a teacher of the year to be able to teach them.  Some of them are right up my alley!  I will be happy to sculpt kitties out of clay and make a whistle sound with an acorn.  I will have to do some homework too. Building a 3-D elephant will be a challenge and explaining to a group of second graders about how the middle school house system works will be interesting for sure. We read "Wag" and very much enjoyed making wagging motions with our fingers. Thanks for the invitation Mrs. Yess, I will do my best to earn my stripes!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I MIGHT follow you now? I am bad at computers.

    Anyways, I love reading your blog. Proud of you mom!

    ReplyDelete