Friday, October 7, 2011

Big Ideas in Dodge County

For six years,I have been having a conversation with parents in Dodge County at their annual Parent Resource Fair.  Every year, I go and every year they invite me back.  I love these people! Dodge Center, Kasson, and Mantorville are like so many towns in Greater Minnesota, connected, caring and Mayberryish....my kind of places.  They are with me in my belief that childhood needs to be rescued by the grown ups who have the best interest of children at heart.  We had a great time talking about the importance of free play and the role (or non role) that parents play in fostering a child's imagination.  We took a look at some of the hot toys likely to be on the shelves this holiday season with a "what's best for kids" filter. Most parents are concerned with how many toys their kids have.  After last night, I expect some serious decluttering in Dodge County. It's a big idea.....

No comments:

Post a Comment