Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thank You Lincoln Center PTA

I met Erin Tracy last year at the Minnesota State PTA Conference.  She worked tirelessly to have me come to her school.  The PTA was fantastic!  They put on a wonderful spread of bars and fruit, they invited an interpreter to join us, and rolled out the red carpet for me and the parents who spent the evening at school.  I was so happy that  Superintendent Dr. Dave Webb introduced me and stayed for the whole evening. Powerful things happen in schools when parents, students, teachers and administrators all work toward a common goal.  I needed to scoot out early and Dr. Dave facilitated the discussion after I left.  He called the next morning to tell me how happy he was to have been there and to have connected with parents in a commitment to community parenting. It was a wonderful evening!  Thanks for making it happen Erin and thanks for the "rock star" parking!  I hope to see you all again.


No comments:

Post a Comment