Monday, May 7, 2012

Meet Nine Remarkable Teachers


I wish you all could have had the opportunity to sit in on the interviews to select the 2012 Minnesota Teacher of the Year.  I would love to introduce you to the MN TOY Class of 2012....

Bruce Danielson teaches math at Cambridge-Isanti High School.  He is warm and genuine and tells a great story! I would love to, at 52, sit in on a math class with Bruce.  I think I might actually get it!

Robyn Dettling Madson teaches English at Forest Lake High School.  She is sharp and witty and willing to share her dessert!  I would love to watch Robyn teach the art of argument and debate in her classroom.

Ryan Canton teaches U.S. History at St. Michael-Albertville Middle School West.  He is energetic and enthusiastic and makes history come to life with primary source documents of his own! I know I would be amazed at how Ryan incorporates technology into his teaching life.

Eric Oppegard teaches 5th grade at Lincoln Elementary School in Owatonna (three cheers for the Big 9!). Eric is kind and sincere and has a deep commitment to getting involved in the lives of kids. I know I would feel loved and cared for in his classroom.

Neil Eerdmans teaches 3rd grade at Oxbow Creek Elementary School in the Anoka Hennepin School District. His energy and joy brings light to every room he enters. He is a walking tribute to his mom who I was honored to meet. I am certain I would feel BBA in Neil's classroom.

David Borash teaches social studies at Brainerd High School. David feels deep roots and a commitment to the people in his home town of Brainerd. No one appreciates his work from the booth at Paul Bunyan Land more than I do. I would love to learn how to budget in his classroom.

Greg Goddard teaches AP and IB Psychology at St. Louis Park High School. Greg goes out of his way for students and takes the time to form meaningful relationships with them. I am certain I would be asked to take a lap in his classroom. 

Christy Anderson teaches 5th grade math at O.H. Anderson Elementary School in Mahtomedi.  Christy passionately leans into life, in and out of the classroom. I would love to be in her classroom to watch her create a rap about math.

 Joe Meyer teaches language arts at Eagle Ridge Junior High School in the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District. Joe is a creative teacher and a powerful communicator.  I would love to be in his classroom on Friday for "Joke Time".

No comments:

Post a Comment