Sunday, May 13, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week in Osseo

When you ask the ECFE staff in Winona to gather, we fit nicely around the lunch table. I was amazed to see how big the staff is in Osseo and so delighted to be invited to visit.  The Osseo ECFE PTA had rolled out the red carpet and some fantastic food in celebration of Teacher Appreciation Week. I timed it perfectly to join the staff just in time for lunch, what a treat! I spent some time with the staff sharing my teacher of the year story and some of my concerns about childhood.  We had fun, we laughed, we cried, and we enjoyed our time together. This ECFE is full of caring, dedicated teachers.

I was treated to dinner with a smaller group of teachers before I spoke to the community at Maple Grove Junior High. It is heartwarming to see babies, moms, dads, teachers and grandparents all in the same room  because they all care about kids.  I loved my time in Osseo and was treated to the most beautiful sunset of the spring on my way home.  Thank you, Sally for the invitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment