Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Big Day!

It was such a big day for ten of the state's finest teachers and I was honored to interview them.  Each one had a compelling teaching story and a passion for the work they do in their classroom. I am so proud to be a teacher and more inspired to do the work I do in my classroom to the best of my abiltiy.  For now, I have a secret!!  Usually, when folks ask me if they can tell me a secret, I advise them not to.  I struggle with impulse control nearly every day of my life and keeping a secret is just too much for me!  I did it though...for several hours even! Someone else knows my secret......



Meet Ryan Vernosh, 2010 Minnesota Teacher of the Year.  Ryan and I finally got to spend a little time together today. Ryan is a someone who has been very supportive of me and has been more than willing to answer my questions about the journey all along the way.  Ryan served as the teacher of the year while raising two very little girls and I admire him very much for that. I really don't know how he and his wife did it! Ryan is a mover and a shaker and I have a feeling Minnesota is just beginning to see what Ryan is made of.



There is just no way to get through this intense, stressful, exciting day without rich desserts and there was no shortage of them here at the hotel.  I was so happy to see them! I will reintroduce myself to my favorite eliptical machine in a few days, I promise. But seriously, how do you expect me to pass on my crown, keep secrets and be pleasant about it without a piece of red velvet cake?


I am flying solo this weekend while Coach Smith makes sense of the world on a baseball diamond so it was nice to be invited to dinner! Congrats to Robyn, Eric, and Joe, three of the finalists, great teachers and super cool people!  I am logging off, time to write a speech! Tomorrow is another BIG DAY!

1 comment:

  1. I remember this great day a year ago when you were CROWNED MN Teacher of the Year. What a proud, glorious moment in your life history! I was so excited to be such a part of that moment with someone I just love and admire in both their professional life and their personal life.

    ReplyDelete