Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lunch with Eleanor Roosevelt

It has happened more often than you would think that I am asked "If you could have lunch with a famous person, alive or dead, who would it be?".  Maybe it's because I hang out with brainiacs or that love team building games.  My pick would be Eleanor Roosevelt so you can imagine how excited I was to find this statue at the FDR Monument last week!  Eleanor has a long list of inspiring quotes.  My favorite is "Do one thing every day that scares you".  On this day that I stood next to Eleanor, I was scared about wearing skinny jeans in public. For those of you who think skinny jeans are new to the fashion world, take a trip to DC.  In nearly every painting of President George Washington, he is wearing an outfit much like mine.  George was all over skinny pants tucked into boots with a long flared jacket. We salute you, Mr. President!!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh ha ha ha ha ha! Loved this post! Yes on the "one scary thing a day" quote! That's what I have on my FB page as my inspiring post to myself. ALMOST wrote on the ECFE page about my daughter peeing in the waste basket last night so here's my chance to be bold. It was hilarious. She's also obsessed with her new swim suit and hasn't taken it off for three days. Ah... toddlers are fearless, even to wear a suit in Febuary.

    ReplyDelete