Friday, February 10, 2012

A Flurry of Activity in DC!

To say that it has been a wild ride would be an understatement.  I have just come back to the hotel after three days of training with my fellow NEA Teachers of Excellence.  We have been in classes to prepare us for our trip to China this summer.  Most of us are shocked and stunned by this amazing opportunity to travel as Pearson Global Fellows.  We were asked to think long and hard about a guiding question as we travel to bring the trip focus and relevance to our classrooms.  I have some pretty interesting ideas that I will need to ponder but I think my focus will be on play and the connections that parents make with their children through it. Last night the group from Education Minnesota invited us, Matt, Erin and me to join them for dinner. That's Tom Dooher, President of Education Minnesota with us.  I keep trying to talk Tom into extending my year because I am having so much fun and just hitting my stride.  I wonder if he knows that I am serious?! 


What a treat to be at Famous Luigi's for dinner on a Thursday night, they have a violinist! When he found out my name was Katy he sang "K-K-K-Katy" not once, not twice, but three times!!!  I haven't heard anyone sing that song with such gusto since my dad died.  He brought me champagne adorned with fireworks to make the evening a real celebration!  I am off now to see a bit of the city before I meet the rest of the awardees in the lobby to head over to the gala.  A GALA!!  I can hardly believe that this is all happening to me.  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment