Friday, August 3, 2012

Space Camp, The Final Chapter

It was even before I woke up on the third day at Space Camp that I realized that I was really liking science!  I had kind of scratched science and math of my list of strengths somewhere between my sophomore and junior year of high school (I had crossed singing off by the time I left elementary school or you just know I would be blogging from Vegas).  I loved the hands on science lessons of space camp.  We built rockets.....

And then shot them off with a dramatic countdown!  We tested heat shields by wrapping them around eggs and testing them by holding a blow torch to them for three whole minutes....wow!  We learned about gravity by strapping ourselves into a crazy twirly chair and flying through the air on a trapeze! We even traveled by zip line!

Space Camp is an amazing place for kids, kids who love science and math of course but also kids who don't think they do.  I left with a renewed interest in all things space and wondered how I might share what I learned with the parents of small children who fill up my classroom every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment