Sunday, July 29, 2012

Space Camp 1


You can't help but be wowed when you walk into Space Camp.  The enormity of it catches you in your throat as soon as you stand underneath that rocket.  I was in for a big, big week.  I can't tell you how happy I was to be reunited with my STOY family in Huntsville, Alabama.  We were joined by a dozen or so international award winning teachers from all over the globe for a week of learning and fun.

International Space Camp is a camp, a historical society, an enormous classroom, and a hands on museum all rolled into one. Meet my fellow camper, Katie Ferguson from the great state of New York. She makes me laugh with her stories of kids in her classroom.  She has that great New York accent that makes it twice the fun to listen to.  We were assigned to the same team for the week which made us both very happy.

Uh-oh! There she is again.  That's Jeanne DelColle from Jersey and we were assigned to the same team too.  Jeanne knocks me off my feet.  She is such a force for the teacher voice in New Jersey and beyond and I am so proud to call her my friend and colleague.  There were 14 of us that suited up as Team Harmony and we were excited about the week ahead. I was curious about how the folks at Space Camp would keep 70 teachers from all different subject areas engaged and enthused for a whole week. I was also curious about what Space Camp had to offer a parent educator from Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment