Sunday, July 1, 2012

China, Take One

I will forever be grateful to the NEA Foundation and the Pearson Foundation for sponsoring me and 34 other teachers on our global fellowship to China!  I have been home for just a bit and the trip just starting to settle in.  I think it will take the rest of my life to make sense of the contrast that is China in 2012. Here is just a glimpse....

China is ancient, really ancient.  So old it is hard to wrap your brain around just how ancient and vast things are. The Forbidden City, the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, and the temples are rich with history and completely blow you away.


And China is brand new. Shanghai is bright and colorful and all lit up and most of it's buildings are less than twenty years old.  Wow. The bullet train from Beijing to Shanghai seemed like a ride straight out of an episode of the Jetson's.  Ancient and futuristic, that's China. More later.....


No comments:

Post a Comment