Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Meeting With Art Rolnick

I was thrilled when Art Rolnick agreed to meet with me this week.  Art is a rock star in the field of Early Childhood, an unlikely one considering that he is an Economist.  Art is the retired Chairman of the Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank.  He is currently a Senior Fellow at the Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.  Early Childhood has lots of champions and I consider Art to be a champion among champions.  Art was kind enough to give me a history lesson on early childhood policy in our state and in the nation.  Art believes that investing in early childhood is the best investment a government makes considering the rate of return on investment.  I couldn't agree more.  I have some big decisions to make in the next few weeks and my conversation with Art was inspiring and clarifying.  I hope this meeting with Art was the first of many.

 I have miles to go before I sleep tonight.  I am packing for SPACE CAMP!!  I am probably too excited to actually sleep. I will be sure to journal while I am away so I can share all the details of Space Camp when I get home!  I am off.....to infinity and BEYOND!!


No comments:

Post a Comment