Sunday, January 29, 2012

Heading Home

We have learned so much! Yesterday was a day jam packed with classes about the media and how to craft and use our message to promote the great work teachers do in classrooms everyday.  We worked in large and small groups and even had time for role plays.  Most people roll their eyes when the assignment includes role playing.  I love them. I had the rare opportunity to play a C.A.V.E. dweller (Cranky About Virtually Everything). After a long day of workshops it was time to glam it up!

We ended our time together in Dallas at a lovely dinner here in the hotel.  It was time to introduce our finalists.  I am excited for each of them! The evening ended with a wonderful, inspiring speech by the current National Teacher of the Year, Michelle Shearer. It was time to say goodbye for this 2012 class of state teachers of the year. With great enthusiasm, I hugged my colleagues and wished them safe travels. We will see each other soon, in DC.  Until then, I am happy to know that we will all head back into our classrooms this week and our students, from infants to adults, will be happy to see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment