Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Always Ask in Dallas!

What a day! It has been hectic and thrilling to meet so many great teachers. The day has been full of frantic conversations will a dizzying number of states and names to remember. I will try to get used to being called "Minnesota". Our first gathering was at our beautiful, luxurious hotel. The waiters worked the room with appetizers before dinner. I had been functioning on about 12 lightly salted peanuts and was starving when a steamy plate of deep fried something was offered to me. I threw thoughts of calories and fat grams out the window and dunked that gorgeous hot thing in a vat of ranch dressing and asked the waiter what I was about to devour. For the record, I have now tried one bite of deep fried pig ear and I am here to tell you that there is not enough ranch dressing in Texas to inspire a second! More news and hopefully pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment