Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thanks District 196

The woman on the far left is none other than Marietta Rice, retired Parent Educator.  Marietta and I had the opportunity to work together on a project called "Community Engaged Parent Education". Marietta was my mentor.  Marietta is a warm, kind, loving person and I am sure that District 196 will miss her as she retired last spring.  Hmmmm, retired? What is she doing at opening day workshop then?  Yep, that's the kind of gal Marietta is....she came out of retirement to be there for me as I addressed the Community Education staff in my first speaking engagement as Teacher of the Year.  It was great to have her in the audience and such a treat to speak to such a friendly, engaged group of staff members who make up Community Education.  Thanks for asking me to join your group on opening day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment