Wednesday, September 21, 2011

ASCD at SMU

ASCD (formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development) was one of the first punches on my dance card.  They ask the Minnesota Teacher of the Year to come to speak to students every year.  For me, it was a short commute!  They were so nice to work with my schedule and meet after my night class at ECFE.  A late night meeting is not a problem for college students.  I had a blast sharing my experiences as a teacher with them and they asked some great questions.  I let them in on my little secret.....I plan to engage Minnesotans in the task of saving childhood.  Kids need all sorts of champions in their families, their schools and in their communities.  I am out to recruit them!  Thanks SMU students and advisors, Karen and Scott Sorvaag for the invitation and for your enthusiasm.  I hope to see you all again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment