Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thumbs Up for Books!

OK, I'll admit that I just might have taken the picture when Kendal had her thumb up anyway but I will take the thumb up as an endorsement for reading. It happens over and over again in my work that I see really little people grab a book and hand it to an adult to read.  It warms my heart every time! I know that when I see a pre-verbal toddler roaming a room looking for a lap that that child lives in a house where big people read. Toddlers must believe that books are magical when they are capable of interrupting a busy adult. They walk with books confident that someone will stop, drop, and read. I was reminiscing with some parents of grade schoolers yesterday about how quickly children grow and how wonderful the years were when they fit nicely in our laps and fit under our chins. If you happen to be so lucky to live with a tiny person, grab a book and enjoy the magic!

2 comments:

  1. I love the power of reading too! It is one of the few times my kids will sit still for however long I want as long as I keep reading to them. They love it, I love it, it's a win-win!!

    ReplyDelete