Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MCFR Conference

My co-worker and fellow Parent Educator, Ann and I had a rare opportunity to attend a conference in the cities. It is tough for both of us to get away at the same time.  We were really excited to head up to the conservatory at Como Zoo for the annual Minnesota Council on Family Relations conference.  We are both big fans of the keynoter, Ted Bowman.  Unfortunately I cannot post the picture of me with Mr. Bowman.  In my constant struggle to control my enthusiasm, I bounded up to the front of the room to get a picture of Ted and me.  I was worried that I might miss the chance given that he announced that he would need to rush out right after his talk to teach a class at the University.  My adrenaline fired up at the possibility of missing my chance!  Oh, I got a picture alright....I snuck up on dear Mr. Bowman from behind as he was shutting down his computer and asked him to "quick, look at the camera" which he did.  The end result is a photo of me looking like I am waiting for a piggy back ride from a shocked Ted.  Ann took the picture and I will find a hundred ways to send it to her for years to come because it makes us laugh so hard we get tears in our eyes!


When faced with an emergency ( Ann's car was broken into) there is no better person to travel with than Ann Riebel. That gal kicks into high gear and gets down to the business of problem solving before I have even have a chance to channel my inner drama queen. A broken window is just another bump in the road for this master coordinator of scheduling, keeper of goats and eggs, low maintenance, highly efficient friend Ann. Whew! We were on the road within an hour having filed a police report, contacting the insurance guy, while sporting a brand new window. 

1 comment:

  1. My son loves Ann too. After just a few brief meetings during the Last Child in the Woods outdoor things, he put Ann on his "People We Love" list at bedtime for a few weeks. And once in a while when we drive over the bridge in to Wisconsin and he sees the beach down on the river where we met for Last Child, he says "Mommy, when are we going to see Ann? I miss Ann."

    ReplyDelete