Monday, November 7, 2011

Yeah Mrs. Allington!!

It looked like I was at W-K Elementary School to give a talk about pride for the all school assembly but I was really there to announce the 2011 Winona Education Association's Teacher of the Year!  I was full of pride to pass the crown (although there is a lot of talk about crowns, there is none) to my colleague and friend, Kelly Allington. Mrs. Allington teaches second grade and is just as nice as nice can be. I love to hang around Kelly, she is passionate about education and the kids in her life. Best of all, she has a joyful spirit.  When Kelly laughs, she lights up a room. I am truly blessed to call her my friend and Winona is blessed to have her as a gifted teacher.  Now, if I could teach the girl to make gravy from scratch, THAT would be something!! Congratulations on this well deserved honor, Mrs. Allington!

No comments:

Post a Comment