Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Politics and Potatoes



It is always great to have a conversation with Congressman Tim Walz. He is a teacher, a really great one at that.  I have learned a lot about politics from him  I appreciate that he takes the time to visit with constituents in communities all across Southeastern Minnesota. I found him in the produce aisle near the potatoes at Midtown Foods. We chatted a bit about education, but mostly I wanted to thank him for the work he does on behalf of all Minnesotans.  Thanks Tim! 


 I ended my day with my friend Nicky. She is a freshman at SMU with dreams to become a teacher and she needed to interview someone about leadership.  I told her that my definition of a good leader is a bossy person with very good manners. We solved many of the world's problems while we baked cupcakes (Nicky would want me to mention that they were made from scratch...she had never seen cocoa powder before last night!) and frosted them.  I am sure the cupcakes didn't survive the night on campus and that Nicky has made some new friends. Frosting that includes a whole pound of butter is a great beginning to any relationship. World peace may be possible with just the right frosting recipe.

1 comment:

  1. in the Midtown photo, it appears as if the paparazzi is trying to snap a picture of your back side. is it true? have you really hit it big!?

    ReplyDelete