Friday, October 12, 2012

Thank You Aldrich!


What a pleasure to spend the evening with parents, teachers and staff at Aldrich Memorial Nursery School last night.  Some of the teachers had heard me speak last fall in Pine Island and worked hard to make last night happen.  Aldrich is a beautiful facility in Rochester, MN.  A warm, inviting place full of nice people....just the kind of place you would want your child to be. I was thinking on my drive home that I ought to be taking names. When I think about how many people I have asked to be champions for childhood in the last 18 months or so, the list would be impressive.

 
"I Want My Hat Back" was a big hit.  I am starting to feel like that old bear is my friend.  I took the time to find an email address for Jon Klassen and told him how much I love his book and how many Minnesotans do too.  I got the nicest email back from him. I love to read to kids. I believe that parents who love to read pass that love along to their children through hours of lap time and piles of books. It's cuddle up season in Minnesota, a perfect time to snuggle in with a child and a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment