Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Seminar at St. Bens

I was happy to hang a lanyard and attend Summer Seminar at St. Bens.  Summer Seminar is a mini college put on by Education Minnesota in August.  The variety of classes is almost as impressive as the cinnamon rolls made on campus by the nuns.  I serve District M or Southeast Minnesota on the Political Action Committee and our summer meeting was held at Summer Seminar.  We met with a variety of legislators to discuss the last legislative session and it's impact on schools. I have learned so much over the years by serving on the PAC board about the connection between what happens in classrooms and the policy makers in St. Paul.

There is plenty of fun too.  The dorm accommodations are great and the food is wonderful.  I had the best roommate in Tracy Mena, a fellow PAC board member and teacher from Robbinsdale.  Those Robbinsdale teachers are serious about their BINGO! They play creatively and come ready to win.  I met so many really great teachers and staff members from Education Minnesota.  I drove away feeling very proud to be a teacher.

Back to those cinnamon rolls, did I mention that they were warm, gooey and about the size of my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment