Thursday, August 18, 2011

Education Conversations with the Commissioner

We were ready to tape the thirteen minute segment long before the bugs in the teleprompter were ironed out so I had a nice, long chat with the Commissioner.  Education Conversations is hosted by the Minnesota Department of Education's Commissioner, Dr. Brenda Cassellius.  The thirteen minute segment is a blur but I appreciated the time before the taping to talk with the Commissioner about the new legislation regarding teacher evaluation, the importance of Early Childhood education, and our mutual love of reading. The two of us are passionate about getting books in the hands of parents to read to their children.  In true teacher fashion, I offered to sub for the Commissioner as hostess of the show whenever she needed me.  She took my card!

No comments:

Post a Comment