Friday, June 3, 2011

Settling In...

After an exciting weekend full of meeting and greeting, great food, interviews and sleepless nights, walking into the "Teacher of the Year" banquet felt like a thrilling end to a great experience.  All I needed to do was to eat lunch without spilling on my dress.  The audience was full of family and friends and community members who were there to support teachers. I was so proud to be seated with nine amazing teachers who had become my friends in one short weekend.  Each one of them is inspiring, take a look!



And then Ryan Vernosh, the Minnesota Teacher of the Year took the podium to announce his successor.  Ryan added drama and excitement by drawing out the introduction. Take a look.....




I was and still am shocked...and happy...and a little bit freaked out!  I will spend the next year representing teachers, schools, parents and the very smallest learners in Minnesota.  This blog is a way to share the ride with you.  

1 comment:

  1. Katy the Blogger! I'm so happy my video made the blog!

    ReplyDelete